Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue

First I should offer the warning that I am a Stephanie Laurens fan.  I probably have most, if not all of her books, and have been collecting them since she first began writing about the Cynster family many years ago.  Her latest series is a trilogy about the Cynster sisters and the first volume is called Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue.  It was sweetly romantic just as most of her books are and I thought about the reasons I am such a fan of her tales.  I enjoy the fact that her heroines like to think for themselves and are determined to have their way without worrying too much about Society's dictates.  The reader is guaranteed that deep love is going to be the basis for the relationship between any couple and the males are just automatically tailored to be over-protective and alpha males who can be "trained" with the right incentives.  Some people get tired of the formulaic trends but I think that Ms. Laurens does a wonderful job of creating new conflicts and interesting situations as the Cynster family continues to grow exponentially.  I do admit that I don't really have the pedigrees mapped out but there is a chart in the beginning of most of the books for those who are concerned with that sort of thing.  I just enjoy the chance to sigh over a wonderful romance for a few hours and I look forward to the next in the series.   My Night Owl review is at this link

No comments:

Post a Comment