Monday, July 16, 2012

Spellcrossed

Spellcrossed 
by Barbara Ashford returns the reader to the Crossroads Theater where magic can be a literal occurrence as well as the result of an excellently presented musical performance.  This book picks up a couple of years after the poignant tale depicted in Spellcast and instantly conjures up the hard work and excitement of putting on a musical using both amateurs and professionals and the natural conflicts that result.  I was a little disappointed with the end of the first book even though I knew it was inevitable so I was thrilled with the sequel and its mixture of sweet and sad.  Be forewarned, this is a gently whimsical tale that provides plenty of emotional moments so have a tissue handy and your libation of choice and settle in for a lovely read.  I was so enchanted with the first book that I continually asked my site moderator if the sequel had arrived yet and I was thrilled to read it when it was offered up for review.

My Amazon review for Spellcrossed is at this link under ELF2060.
My Amazon review for Spellcast is at this link under ELF2060.  (For those who are curious, I am slowly transferring my Night Owl Reviews written over the past couple of years to Amazon as I read the sequels to certain volumes so this review was actually written last year).

I always am appreciative of a 'yes, this was helpful' vote.


No comments:

Post a Comment