Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Soldier's Duty and An Officer's Duty

A Soldier's Duty and its sequel, An Officer's Duty

                     

are both fantastic science fiction novels written by Jean Johnson that focus on a being who has officially changed her name to Ia.  She was born on a planet that is designated as a heavyworld because its gravity is more than 1.5 times that of Earth and is located at the edge of explored space.  Her enhanced physical abilities are balanced by other incredible mental powers and these two books detail the beginning of her quest to save the universe as she knows it.  An intriguing description of military training filtered through the lens of space.  I am a big fan of space opera and I really enjoyed both of these tales but they are definitely not for those who are looking for a nice tame romance but rather for fans of action-packed imaginative science fiction tales.  My Amazon review for A Soldier's Duty is at this link.  My Amazon review for An Officer's Duty is at this link.  It is my understanding that this wonderful series will continue with a new title next summer and I had the great good fortune to win one of this author's paranormal titles so I will explore a different facet of her talents and explore her 'Sons of Destiny' series in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment