Sunday, December 9, 2012

Alien vs Alien

Alien vs. Alien      



by Gini Koch is the laugh-out-loud science fiction tale that continues the tale of the intrepid Kitty Katt-Martini.  I think I enjoyed this one even more than the last one I read just because the animals suddenly have a much larger role and I spent so much time giggling while reading this book.  The heroine herself comments on her Doctor Dolittle role even as her powers continue to grow and become refined.  I think that what I love about these books is the mixture of self-deprecating humor, romance, and vivid action scenes.  I was a little uncomfortable with the amount of death and destruction but what can one expect when amazingly powerful villains are trying to take over the world and are being opposed by amazingly powerful defenders?  The author loves classic rock music and combines appropriate song titles with the pertinent action in the book and the heroine has quite a collection of t-shirts adorned with her favorite bands and singers that contrast with the Armani outfits that the rest of the Alpha Centaurions tend to wear.  Although I am fond of Jayne Krentz's dustbunnies, I must admit that I think that this author's Poofs are lots of fun and now she has introduced Peregrines as well so there are even more creatures to fascinate.  I need to go back and read all of the rest of the books in the series one of these days but fortunately, each of the books can be read as a stand-alone title although I am sure it would improve things if one is familiar with all of the events that have gone before.  My Goodreads review of Alien vs Alien is at this link and my review of Alien Diplomacy is at this link.





Previous titles include the following:

     



No comments:

Post a Comment