Tuesday, July 24, 2012

RWA here I come!

I am so very tickled to be going to the RWA (Romance Writers of America) conference in Anaheim this week.  My very favorite historical romance writer, Stephanie Laurens, is the keynote speaker and I am thrilled that she has come all of the way from Australia to our side of the continent!  I have been reading her works since I first discovered the Cynster family and have enjoyed the various Bastion Club, Black Cobra titles as well as the many anthologies she has contributed to (yes, her books take up a couple of shelves on my bookshelf).  I am also delighted and hope to glimpse from afar some of my other favorites including Jayne Anne Krentz/Jayne Castle/Amanda Quick, Nora Roberts (I figure I'll know where she is because of the hordes of people around her) and Suzanne Brockmann.  I am amazed to have been reading works from all of these lovely ladies since most of them wrote in the series romance categories and I fell in love with their styles then.
 
   

I am ecstatic to realize that I may also get a chance to meet some of my newer favorite authors such as Maya Banks, Sylvia Day, Nalini Singh, Jennifer Estep, Thea Harrison, Jaci Burton, Cheryl Brooks, Tamara Hogan, Lauren Dane, Karen Erickson, Lori Handeland, Elisabeth Naughton, Brenda Novak, and Terry Spear to name just a few.  Just looking at the map of the room makes me tired so who knows if I will get the opportunity to make it all the way around to meeting all of them.
                 


I am looking forward to attending the "Christmas" party that Sabrina Jeffries is giving for her fans and I have had the very wonderful experience of being invited to the Kensington reception so it will be a fantastic week!


Then there will the wonderful and whirlwind experience of seeing Kim (that dynamo from the SOS Aloha blog) and her young men.  It is always breathless hanging with Kim since she seems to know practically everyone and she just brightens the room whenever she appears!  So....I will be a little quiet for the rest of the week but I will be definitely immersed in the world of BOOKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment