Sunday, July 29, 2012

The joys of RWA 2012!

I am scrambling trying to recuperate from having limited internet access for the past few days, let alone from being very behind on writing reviews but just had to share my euphoria at having met so many wonderful authors and other related people from the Romance publishing world.  I am ecstatic at having met Nora Roberts/JD Robb, Jayne Krentz/Jayne Castle/Amanda Quick and of course, my very favorite historical romance author...Stephanie Laurens.  There are so many more lovely authors that I got a chance to chat with and I will have to wax rhapsodic in future posts when I have more time. 

I must say that I was really impressed with the folks at Kensington Publishing. (link to their site) I interacted with the staff of almost all of the major publishers who held signings yesterday and the prior day and several were less than gracious, one was absolutely rude to a friend of mine and others were thankfully cordial but I was blown away observing the Kensington staff.  I think it probably bodes well for how they treat their authors that all of the Kensington people that I had the opportunity to observe and interact with were exceedingly warm, respectful of everyone no matter their role or status and appreciative of any assistance.  Of course, it doesn't hurt that they deal with some extremely talented authors and the quality and care that the Kensington folks practice shows in the delightful stories that they publish so it's a win-win for us as readers.  Kudos to them and I was deeply appreciative of the opportunity to interact with them.  Once I figure out how to post some of my pictures, I will display some of the fun I had this past week but first I have to deal with the mundane tasks I have been ignoring while savoring the rarified air I have had the privilege of sharing the past very packed week with some of the biggest stars of the romance world.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a really good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a blast, was tongue-tied by meeting some of those whose writing I adore and I am now exhausted and welcoming the opportunity to curl up with a book or three and hibernate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I would have been too. :)

    ReplyDelete